The Ultimate Guide To Residual Income In South Africa - Passive Residual Income
Active income is income for which services have been performed. This includes wages, tips, wages, commissions, and income from businesses in which there is material participation. Passive or Residual income is an income obtained on a regular basis, with very little effort required to maintain it.
Portfolio income is income from investments, dividends, interest, royalties and capital gains. Portfolio income does not come from passive investments and is not earned through normal business actions. Typically, income from interest on money that's been loaned does not count as portfolio income.
Now, looking at the sources of residual income, we are going to move from the ones which we think will be the most difficult to create to the ones which are the easiest to produce. Here we go.
7. Royalties: the creation of audio, books, inventions, machines, patents. A royalty is something you have sold or created and place it on a stage that you do not run and then get compensation based on when the item is purchased or used. The majority of us do not have the potential to quickly create royalty streams.
The 30-Second Trick For Residual Income In South Africa
This is the purest form of passive residual income, if you can attain it. .
6. Network Marketing: Network marketing is a unique business model and has created more millionaires than any other business. The industry as a whole is growing and more companies are trying to leverage referrals or direct sales to increase revenue and promote solutions. On the other hand, the industry as a whole is confusing to most and requires a tremendous amount of mental and emotional fortitude to produce residual income possible.
The effort you must put in is important to consider. .
The smart Trick of Residual Income In South Africa That Nobody is Discussing
5. Subscription Models: Subscription models/Customer Hubs/Member Places These are businesses like Netflix, Costco, Sams Club. The subscription model has become almost its own category. But it has considerable cost and you have to continuously create and cultivate content and worth. The income is residual and combines devotion and education with community.
A good book that explains this version of residual income is The automated Client by John Warrillow. He walks you through, in plain English, the various styles of subscription versions and how to potentially apply them to your business.
4. Affiliate marketing: Getting paid to tell folks what you enjoy and showing them where to receive it. As a Dad, I tried 3 high chairs prior to finding the Bumbo. Now if I blog about the Bumbo and link for it for my Amazon account, and someone buys it, then I can earn a commission.
A great illustration of this will be Pat Flynn in PassiveIncome.com because he walks you through how to establish your own system to optimize and profit from your passion.
The Of Residual Income In South Africa - Passive Residual Income
3. Business: As I mentioned, not all businesses are created equal when it comes to residual income. Lets have a look at a local taco stand. Sure, that taco stand might have loyal patrons and also make the best damn steak taco youve ever had, but they also have to wake up every day and turn the lights on and fire up the grill to get compensated for their particular tacos.
So, literally tomorrow I am going to earn a fee if I move in or not. Sure, I have to maintain relationships to keep earning that fee, but really that the income is residual because once I sign up one client I am going to make money from the money perpetually.
Why do we call these the Power 2 Because these demand less specialization and expertise, and together with the leveraged use of smart debt, can operate together.
Not known Details About Residual Income In South Africa
2. Real Estate: Real estate is 2 for one reason, leverage using smart debt and other individuals money. When looking at property rents and the potential for income real estate provides, it is the trifecta of residual income. To begin with, a house or rental property can appreciate, therefore capital appreciation is your first long-term benefit her explanation of owning a home.
Other people are paying the mortgage, insurance, property taxes and maintenance while you own that piece of real estate. Third, tax protection. Rental income is taxed at a lower rate than ordinary income and you can depreciate real estate by taking a paper deduction on your annual tax return not to mention expensing the cost of mileage, mortgage interest, and updates to the property.
The fourth and maybe most hidden, but important benefit is that over time rents rise, protecting your money against inflation, while your mortgage interest can be in a fixed rate potentially. .
Some Ideas on Residual Income In South Africa You Need To
1. The final and most powerful form of residual income, in my opinion, is investing and insurance. The majority of us have 401Ks and IRAs, so that I am going to leave that for your investment aspect. Within that, I think our Foundation Freedom Phases is undoubtedly the simplest, safest and most powerful tool for several reasons: a.